Friday, 28 August 2020 - Sunday, 30 August 2020
We are pleased to advise that we have enough interest to proceed with the Taupo Driver Training/Social weekend. The weekend will be very social with either Driver Training or a social Lunch Run happening on Saturday, followed by a buffet dinner at the Wairakei Resort. Accommodation is also available at the Resort for a discounted price per night. So if you are interested in the weekend please see the options below:
Driver Training (max 36): Saturday 29th August
- $450 pp (car sharing is possible)
- Track going MX5’s can also be hired through BMMP directly
Note that 100% cotton or fireproof overalls, a helmet and closed shoes are required clothing for Driving Training. Helmets and overalls can be hired directly from Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park: email Tony Walker; email@example.com.
Driver Training - Optional Extras:
- In helmet comms device if you own your helmet - $150 (compulsory from 2021)
- Garaging (incl. Fri night if required) - $75 Per Car
Social Fun- Run and Lunch Saturday 29th August:
- The Floating Rock Cafe located above the Kuratau River, on the edge of Lake Taupo. The small, casual, child-friendly cafe is situated amongst the vines of Kuratau River Wines. The vineyard produces a range of wines from Pinot Gris & Pinot Noir vines planted in 2004. See attached form for menu choices. Note there is a cash bar available for all beverages.
BMMP - Track Day on Friday 28 August (self-organised):
- Note – this is not a PCNZ event, but PCNZ members are welcome to participate. You must have completed previous track days or driver training days to sign up for this.
- $175 full day $100 half-day
- (This caters for both road cars and race cars)
Accommodation Option (self-organised):
- Accommodation at Wairakei Resort - $165 per night
- Buffet breakfast at Wairakei Resort - $25 pp
Dinner on Saturday night:
- Banquet dinner at Wairakei Resort - $65 pp
If this sounds of interest to you, please register by Friday, 14 August. Please also note this is the cut off date for the special rate for accommodation.
Register for Driving Training here
Register for the Social lunch run here