Saturday, 10 April 2021
Club members are invited to participate in a Hampton Downs track day based on the ‘Play Day’ format. We will be using the 2.7km National Circuit. This day is Round 5 of the Pirelli Porsche Club race series so participants will be able to watch the racing and have lunch with the race drivers.
The track-day is proudly sponsored by Star Insurance.
If you would like to join in on the day but not drive there is also the option of lunch only for $10.
Who can Participate?
To participate you simply need:
- to be a club member
- to have a driver’s license
- a helmet (which can be rented from Hamptons Downs directly)
- racing overalls (which can be rented from Hamptons Downs directly)
- a neck brace (which can be rented from Hamptons Downs directly) or HANS device if you have a caged car and using racing belts
- to complete an indemnity form.
No race licenses or extinguishers are required.
What Cars can Participate?
All roadworthy cars including all Boxster and Targa models.
Unfortunately, the Hampton Downs regulations preclude the inclusion of cabriolets other than Boxsters, Targas and late 911 Cabriolet models vehicles with factory rollover protection (996 or newer). Any other cabriolet requires a roll cage to comply.
What is the Programme for the Day?
We will have two separate groups on the track at different times. Therefore, giving you the choice of different speed groups (to encourage newer members and more classic cars to participate – older 911’s and 944's etc.)
Members will be allocated into groups of up to 15 cars. The groups will be set to ensure drivers with similar experience and speed are grouped together.
Cars leave the pits in a single file at approximately two-second intervals and each session is 15 minutes long. Cars can circulate at any speed (i.e. as fast as you wish to go), but overtaking will be limited to certain points on the track (and there will be rules around no overtaking under braking or through corners).
The timetable for the day is still being finalised but it is a full day from 9 am to 4 pm.
The fine print:
- Groups will be run under Hampton Downs rules, so will comply with Prestigio and Swann Insurance requirements for track day cover, Anyone wanting insurance cover should check with their own insurance company as they may have policies and requirements for on-track insurance cover.
- NO TIMING is allowed on the day.
Spectator lunch only $10 or
Track Day Registration $250 per driver (this includes lunch)
Gear Hire to be paid directly to Hampton Downs on the day:
- Helmet Hire: $30
- Racing Overalls: $30
- Neck Brace: $20
You can also rent a garage on the day if required.
Any queries please contact Steff Chambers - 021 118 6210 or email email@example.com.
Registrations close on 6th April (or earlier if maximum number reached). Please note you are not fully registered until you have paid the entry fee to the Club.
Register Here for Spectator lunch.
Registrations closed for drivers.