Friday, 28 February 2020 - Sunday, 1 March 2020
We're going to Cromwell for SWOTS 2020.
Expressions of interest are now requested for the 2020 Southern Weekend of the Summer (SWOTS). Early registration helps us with our planning and admin. Roger Carter has reerved 20 rooms at Pisa Moorings, Cromwell.
Here is what we are planning:
Friday 28 February:
- Christchurch members leave Rolleston, midday bound for Cromwell
- Timaru, Dunedin, Central Otago and Invercargill members leave later and travel via the most Porsche-friendly route to Cromwell. We will endeavour to co-ordinate departure times and locations closer to the date.
- Accommodation at Pisa Moorings, Cromwell. Book and pay now directly with hotel. Options:
- 16 x Double studios (bed configuration is 1 x king bed) $195 per night
- 4 x one bedroom villa (bed configuration 1 x king bed) $250 per night
- 4 x family villas (bed configuration 3 x king beds) $399 per night. These villas are not reserved but you could book one if you chose.
- Pre dinner drinks
- Casual dinner at Pisa Moorings.
Saturday 29 February (Leap Day):
- Breakfast own cost - Pisa Moorings or check out Cromwell cafes or the cafe at Highlands
- 9.15 am: Highlands Circuit: Deadline for driver briefing
- Track laps - special for car clubs. Take your car onto the Highlands 4.1 km circuit for two controlled laps behind a pace car. Normally this is reserved for private members. The price is $60 per driver including Museum entry for one person (Museum entry normally $25pp). Multiple drivers per car can be accommodated. Additional Museum entry $12.50 pp.
- 10.30 am: coffee at Highlands Cafe then time to visit the museum.
- 11 am: drive through Kawarau Gorge over the Crown Range (Porsche-friendly roads) to Cadrona Hotel for lunch.
- Afternoon: choice to visit National Transport and Toy Musuem or Warbirds and Wheels Museum in Wanaka. Return to Cromwell in your own time.
- Evening flash Dinner and party at Pisa Moorings. Highly likely that a famous international rally star will join us as a guest speaker.
Sunday 1 March:
- Breakfast at Pisa Moorings (or suitable alternative)
- Hit the road for home. Christchurch members could meet for lunch at Fairlie or Geraldine
What to do now:
Book your room directly with Pisa Moorings ph 03 445 3417 (mention Porsche Club).
Preliminary costings suggest a registration cost of $200 per person to cover Saturday lunch and dinner. Other charges are on your own account.
Email your interest to ensure your place on the weekend. Formal registration via the Club website will be available very soon.