By Angus Cooper
- All major bodywork has been completed
- The cabriolet frame has been restored and fitted
- All wooden components including the body ‘nail strips’ have been installed.
- The upholstery package including the cabriolet top is in production in Germany
- The engine is almost completed
- Almost all parts have now been sourced for the car
- The project remains on time and within budget
The project team, in particular Dick Mol and Raphael Williams have been busy over the last two months beavering away on their respective areas.
READ THE FULL STORY IN ISSUE #203 OF SPIEL MAGAZINE
Above, the dash being trial fitted and all gauges, switches and other mechanisms pre-installed to ensure they fit correctly before paint.
Another area of the car where wood makes an appearance is the seat frames.